We are pleased to advise that Dr Sarah Gleeson, Respiratory and Sleep Physician has commenced in full time private practice on site at St Andrews Hospital from 12 March, 2018.
Dr Gleeson areas of interest include airways disease including COPD and asthma, emphysema, interstitial lung diseases, bronchiectasis, pneumonia and other pulmonary infections. Dr Gleeson has experience with a range of sleep conditions including obstructive sleep apnoea and more complex disorders including obesity hypoventilation syndrome, respiratory failure, narcolepsy and respiratory muscle weakness.
She is delighted to be returning home to Toowoomba after completing her specialist training in various Brisbane Tertiary Hospitals. Dr Gleeson undertook her advanced training in Respiratory and Sleep Medicine at the Princess Alexandra Hospital in Brisbane and has most recently completed her Sleep Fellowship at Greenslopes Private Hospital.
Dr Gleeson will offer diagnosis and management of various Respiratory and Sleep concerns including:
- Assessment and management of dyspnoea, cough and other respiratory complaints;
- Assessment and management of pleural disease, including pleural ultrasound and diagnostic and therapeutic thoracocentesis;
- Timely assessment and diagnosis of suspected lung cancer;
- Interventional bronchoscopy skills including endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS) and transbronchial node aspiration (important for diagnosing and staging primary and secondary lung malignancies);
- Assessment and management of patients with tiredness, suspected obstructive sleep apnoea and suspected respiratory muscle weakness;
- Respiratory function testing interpretation and reporting;
- Sleep study interpretation and reporting including full Diagnostic PSG, CPAP titration, MSLTand MWT.