St Andrew’s Toowoomba Hospital is a 137-bed private not-for-profit standalone facility located in Toowoomba which is in the heart of South East Queensland, a two-hour scenic drive, 124 kilometres south-west of Brisbane. The city is the economic and commercial hub of the Darling Downs region, and with a population of over 160,000 people, only Canberra is a larger inland city.
St Andrew’s Toowoomba Hospital offers a range of services including interventional cardiology, vascular, orthopaedics, neuro, colorectal, general, urological, gynae, plastics, ophthalmology and ENT. St Andrew’s also has the only Cardiac Rehabilitation Program in Toowoomba which is utilized by post cardiac patients.
St Andrew’s Toowoomba Hospital has opportunities for General Practitioners to work in the Cardiac Rehabilitation Unit performing casual shifts Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings (7:00-8:00) and evenings (18:00-19:00).
- Arrive at the Rehabilitation Centre at least 10 minutes prior to commencement of the session
- Observe participants in warm-up phase for any signs of distress intervene if necessary
- Assist in the monitoring of patients whilst they exercise ie vital signs and general physical condition
- Respond to any changes in patient’s condition, treat and refer patient for medical intervention or GP follow up.
- Answer patient’s questions about their cardiac health and exercise program
Come and join our friendly team where you will have the benefit of:
- Salary packaging (Remserv is the provider)
- Free car parking
- Employee assistance program
Please forward application letter and CV to:
Cardiac Rehab Coordinator
St Andrew’s Toowoomba Hospital
PO Box 263
Toowoomba Q 4350
Telephone enquiries to: Pam Boyd on 0407 373 437
Please enjoy the below video by Foxtail Production which showcases the beautiful town of Toowoomba.