Quality Standards in Health Care
- Governance for Safety and Quality in Health Service Organisations: Ensuring integrated governance systems are in place to maintain and improve the safety and quality of patient care.
- Partnering with Consumers: Having a health service that is responsive to consumer feedback and actively seeks consumer involvement in service planning and development.
- Preventing and Controlling Health Care Associated Infections: Preventing patients from acquiring preventable health care associated infections and effectively managing infections when they occur.
- Medication Safety: Ensuring clinicians are competent to safely prescribe, dispense and administer appropriate medicines to informed patients.
- Patient Identification and Procedure Matching: Correctly identifying all patients whenever care is provided and ensuring that the correct procedure occurs to the correct patient.
- Clinical Handover: Ensuring there is a timely, relevant clinical handover that supports appropriate ongoing clinical care.
- Blood and Blood Products: Ensuring that blood and blood products are given in an appropriate and safe manner.
- Preventing and Managing Pressure Injuries: Preventing patients from developing pressure related injuries and effectively managing pressure areas when they occur.
- Recognising and Responding to Clinical Deterioration: Ensuring a patients clinical deterioration is always escalated in a timely manner and appropriate action is taken.
- Preventing Falls and Harm from Falls: Reducing the incidence of patient falls and minimising harm from falls.
Find A Specialist
The hospital employs approximately 500 staff with over 270 credentialed Visiting Medical Officers providing services to 22,500 patients annually.
St Andrew's Toowoomba Hospital is a 137-bed, acute care private hospital situated on the north-western side of Toowoomba.Learn More
St Andrew's Toowoomba Hospital values the contribution of all of our staff. We recognise that retention of staff is as important as recruitment!
CHECK OUT OUR VACANCIES AVAILABLE!