St Andrew’s Toowoomba Hospital is bound by the National Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 regarding how the hospital handles your personal information.
- for use by a multidisciplinary treating team;
- to liaise with health professionals, Medicare or your health fund;
- in an emergency where your life is at risk and you cannot consent;
- to manage our hospital, including processes relating to risk management, quality assurance and accreditation activities;
- for the education of health care workers;
- to maintain medical records as required under our policies and by law; or
- for other purposes required or permitted by law.
Disclosing information may involve us sharing your personal information with third parties. For example, we outsource the conduct of patient satisfaction surveys to a contractor who may write to you seeking feedback about your experience with St Andrew’s Toowoomba Hospital. Where we outsource services we ensure that third parties have obligations under their contracts with the hospital to comply with all laws relating to the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information.
- you have consented;
- the use or disclosure is for a purpose directly related to providing you with health care and you would expect us to use or disclose your personal information in this way;
- we have told you that we will disclose your personal information to other organisations or persons; or
- we are permitted or required to do so by law.
Find A Specialist
The hospital employs approximately 500 staff with over 270 credentialed Visiting Medical Officers providing services to 22,500 patients annually.
St Andrew's Toowoomba Hospital is a 137-bed, acute care private hospital situated on the north-western side of Toowoomba.Learn More
St Andrew's Toowoomba Hospital values the contribution of all of our staff. We recognise that retention of staff is as important as recruitment!
CHECK OUT OUR VACANCIES AVAILABLE!